Esterel project

Bereich für Themen um Esterel-Klappcaravan-Modelle
Marruc

Esterel project

Beitrag von Marruc »

Hi everyone. I have been working for a couple of weeks on a old Esterel Caramatic 39.
This is how I bought it last autumn:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

I started with working on the steel profiles on the corners. They were a bit rusty so I cleaned and painted them.
Than I took about everything out of the inside and ended up like this:

Bild

Than I took out all seatgroups cupboard and kitchen.
Now the whole caravan is empty and its time to repair some weak spots in the floor.
I have desided to make a single bed in the front of the caravan. This gives me a lot of storageroom.
Above this bed there will be a hanging childrens bed.
The big seatgroup in the back of the caravan will be more or less the same.
Taking out the small seatgroup also gives extra space to expand the kitchen.

Bild

I desided to take off all wall covering because it was very dirty and damaged.
I fixed some spots in the wall and painted the parts that will end up in the storage departments.
I put a small part of the new floor just to see what it looks like:
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

After the floor is in topcondition again, I started to prepair the walls for their new covering:
Bild

Bild

Here is a detailshot:
Bild

So this is where I am now. Had to stop because I was out of wallcovering material and the shop was closed.
Today I made a small start with the kitchen. Have bought aluminium profiles to build it.
As soon as I have done more I'll post some pictures.
Grtz, Marc
SI0397
Vielschreibender Camper
Vielschreibender Camper
Zugfahrzeug: Citroen Berlingo
Camper/Falter/Zelt: Esterel S42

Re: Esterel project

Beitrag von SI0397 »

Hartelijk welkom in onze forum!

Jouw verslag is erg prettig en belangwekkend voor mij, ik wachte nieuwsgierig op verdere fotos. Ik will een gelijkaardig ombouw maken met onze S42. En omdat alle forumsleden kunnen meepraten:

Can you tell us about the technical details of the floor-repair?

tot ziens

Stephan
Esterel S42 an Citroen Berlingo
Simone

Beitrag von Simone »

Hallo Marruc,

Ich glaube die Bilder hab ich auch schon im Esterel Forum gesehen wo ich mich kürzlich angemeldet hab. Da standen aber schon mehr Bilder von dein Umbau.

Simone
Marruc

Beitrag von Marruc »

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies. I am sorry for the English but my German is not good enough allthoug I can read it quite okay.

@Stephan:
About the floor... First of all I took out the carpet. There I found 2 weak pieces of wood. I think this was caused because of waterleaking from the kitchen because both were placed directly under the wateroutlet. I took about 0,5 sqare meters away from the original floor and placed new wood. Than painted the whole floor and covered everything with 4mm plywood. As soon as I have covered the walls and did some painting I will cover the whole floor with the metal-look that is in some of the photos.

@Simone:
You are right I have some more pictures since I started with the frame for the kitchen:

Bild

Bild

Bild

This is just a start. I will finish the kitchen and will also make the 4 persons seatgroup of the same profile.
I made a drawing of the lower part of the kitchenblock and the single bed in the front:

Bild

Its a aluminium profile from HandyTube (http://www.handytube.nl) what works great. Its strong, lightweight and there are special mountingbrackets.
Meanwhile I am making new covers for the cusions of the seats. Since I took out the small seatgroup in the front I have a complete set of cusions here. If anyone is intrested please contact me...
Tomorrow evening I hope to finish the last piece of the walls and will continue with the kitchen.

Best regards!
Marc
Zuletzt geändert von Marruc am 29.03.2011 23:50, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Phantom144
Interessierter Camper
Interessierter Camper
Land: Deutschland
Zugfahrzeug: Toyota RAV - 4
Camper/Falter/Zelt: Esterel Primatic 34

Beitrag von Phantom144 »

Dear Marc,

a lot of work, but it seems to me, to be very very good!

Wish you a lot of good Ideas!

Best wishes,
Heike
Wir leben ab jetzt unseren Traum der Freiheit mit unserem neuen Klappi!
Marruc

Beitrag von Marruc »

Due to practical reasons (I had to get out of my workspace because this was sold) I have sold the Esterel.
I really hope the new owner will finish the job and enjoy the oldie.

This topic can be closed...

Grtz. M
Projektor
Interessierter Camper
Interessierter Camper
Land: Deutschland
Zugfahrzeug: Mazda626 Bj.1990
Camper/Falter/Zelt: Paradiso Bj.1973, Typ III

Beitrag von Projektor »

Dear marruc

I'm sad to read about you had to sell your the Esterel because of lost working space. Maybe your will find another object with not so much work on it to go "camping" as you hoped to do with an Esterel.

Frank
"Unsere Köpfe sind rund, damit das Denken die Richtung wechseln kann." (Francis Picabia)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Esterel“